Think You’re An Expert In Domain Names? Take This Quiz Now To Find Out
1. Domain names are organized in the subordinate levels (subdomains) shown below except one. Which one?
A. Top-level domains (TLDs)
B. Generic top-level domains (gTLDs)
C. Continental top-level domains (CTLDs)
D. Country code top-level domains (ccTLDs)
2. Generic top-level domains (gTLDs) include the following except which one?
3. Domain names serve to identify Internet resources, such as computers, networks, and services, with a text-based label that is easier to memorize than the numerical _______________ used in the Internet protocols
4. Which corporation manages the top-level development and architecture of the Internet domain name space?
A. Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
B. Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
C. The Internet Society (ISOC)
D. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
E. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
5. A domain name ____________ is the process of changing the designated registrar of a domain name.
6. Which organization is charged with the management and the administration of the dot ke Country Code Top-Level Domain (.ke ccTLD) name?
A. Kenya ICT Board
B. Communications Authority of Kenya
C. Kenya Network Information Centre (KENIC)
D. Communications Commission of Kenya
7. Which of the following is not a .KE Third Level domain in Kenya?
A. co.ke – for Companies
B. or.ke – for Not-for-Profit-Making Organisations or NGO’s
C. ne.ke – for Network Devices
D. wewe – for Community Use
E. go.ke – for Government Entities(Requires Supporting Documents)
F. ac.ke – for Institutions of Higher Educations.( Requires Supporting Documents)
G. sc.ke – for Lower and Middle Institutes of Learning. (Requires Supporting Documents)
H. me.ke – for Personal names
I. mobi.ke – for Mobile content
J. info.ke – for Information
8. Why was KENIC established?
A. Act as a trustee for the .ke country-code-top-level-domain;
B. Become the .ke domain administrative contact as well as technical contact;
C. Administer the .ke ccTLD and its Second Level Domains;
D. Maintain and promote the operational stability and utility of the .ke ccTLD;
E. Ensure a cost-effective administration of the .ke ccTLD and its sub-domains;
F. Notify the Internet Corporation of Names and Numbers (ICANN) of any change to the contact information about the.ke ccTLD;
G. Provide name service for all .ke and ensure that the database is secure and stable;
H. Allow ICANN to access .ke zone files and registration data (up to date) continuously maintain a KENIC website at all times with all the registration information meet all its financial obligations to ICANN comply with all global ICANN Internet policies and help in their development.
I. All of the Above
9. Which of the following is not a Licensed Domain Registrar in Kenya?
A. Peak and Dale Solutions – www.peakanddale.co.ke
B. Bitsimba Telecommunications – www.bitsimba.com
C. Kenya Website Experts – www.kenyawebexperts.co.ke
D. Ebrahim Electronics Ltd – www.ebrahimelectronicsltd.com
E. Deep Africa Co Ltd – www.deepafrica.co.ke
F. Jamii Telecommunications Limited – www.jtl.co.ke
10. When you register a domain, it is usually registered for an initial period of?
A. 1 year or upto 5 years.
B. 24 hours
C. 3 months
D. 99 years
To check the answers to the above questions [click here]